Forums » General Discussions

Shaved genitals.

• 8 posts
    September 14, 2012 6:41 PM BST
    As I say, I regularly use the blue veet cream around my genital area with absolutely no problems at all. My teenage daughter has also now started to use the same cream on her genital area and also has no issues. I suppose its down to how sensitive your skin is to certain cream products.
  • December 9, 2012 3:44 PM GMT
    I tried Veet on my armpits but my skin was sensitive to it. I would never use it on my genitals!

My skin is naturally quite smooth so I just need to shave my armpits and pubic and genital hair, and for that use a personal trimmer and shaver from Hair Erazor together with their Sinsational lubricant on the area to be shaved.

I shave because I like the look and the smooth feel of a hair-free skin. Also I never know when I might be called upon for a nude modelling job - I find that a lot of artists prefer their models to be smooth. And for bodypainting you really do need a smooth canvas to paint on.
    • 7 posts
    January 13, 2013 9:51 AM GMT

I shave every day that way it stays smooth and avoids the rash, I do get the occasional spot from in growing hair, but otherwise it is easier and quicker to shave every day for a nice smooth reeling.  Once you get in the routine, it doesn't take long. 

I shave all round my genitals, chest stomach and armpits, I do my ass and anal area about once a week.

I like the look and the feel.  particularly as you get older, grey pubes in my opinion is not a good look!

This post was edited by Nude and Smooth at October 15, 2017 2:06 PM BST
  • April 9, 2013 5:03 PM BST
    • 8 posts
    April 9, 2013 7:01 PM BST

I have absolutelyno problem using veet, simply appl;y the cream, wait 5 - 10 minutes (I wait 10) and then scrape it off. No problem at all, no pain, no itching, nothing. Just a lovely smooth set of man vegetables!

• April 10, 2013 7:50 AM BST
    Barry & Connie Carter said:

Check out some of these HILARIOUS reviews for Veet for men.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B000KKNQBK/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

That must be one of the funniest things I've ever read.

I was meeting an ex's parents for the first time one night many years ago, and having shaved my face it still felt rough, so she suggested putting some of the stuff she used on her legs on to get rid of the prickles.

Within 5 minutes my chin resembled the volcanic craters of Venus.

• 6 posts
    November 15, 2013 2:17 PM GMT

Have trimmed, then progressed to shaving and now get waxed and have used a product called inhibitif which has slowed up hair growth so less maintenance.

Had an ex use Veet on my back and couldn't bear the smell and wouldn't risk putting it on my genitals.

• 3 posts
    November 19, 2013 12:28 AM GMT

I use veet about once a month.  Quick strim with the hair clippers (No 2) for the bushier bits first, then cream on for 4 minutes (pink box) around the dangly bits and scrape off in the shower.  Have had a couple of painful experiences, but the only time I tried to shave down there I think I nearly bled to death. 

• 12 posts
    September 13, 2014 9:43 PM BST
    Hmmmm, well here's my two penneth, both myself and Andrea trim our bits short so we both feel clean and cool, we have shaved previously, but both got shaving spots which we found very unpleasant and waxing for me is an absolute No no, yet Andrea can tolerate it. Definately though it's a personal choice, but visually , trimmed close or shaved smooth does look for us anyway that you care about yourselves and your appearance.

Regards, Mark and Andrea
    • 12 posts
    September 15, 2014 2:27 AM BST
    I know there are lots of posts on the subject, but do any of the creams have longer lasting effects than shaving male or female ????
    • 4 posts
    October 13, 2014 9:36 AM BST

Do creams remove the hair root? If so this will give longer lasting results than ahaving. 

Waxing removes the hair & root so it can be 3 to 4 weeks before hair regrowth starts.

• 12 posts
    October 14, 2014 6:27 AM BST
    Yes but Dave, I'm A Wimp Lol !!!
    • 4 posts
    October 15, 2014 2:05 PM BST

lol, its not as bad as you expect. 

• 1 posts
    November 22, 2014 6:12 PM GMT

I have been shaved for many years and make it part of my morning routine in the shower. Keeps it all under control and doesn't take very long.

• 3 posts
    April 4, 2015 9:09 AM BST

I'm retired military, having said that I have been shaving for a long time, since  zero facial hair is the rule. I found it most convenient to shave in the shower, so when I decided o go smooth some 15 years ago I naturally chose the shower for that too. 

I immediately learned that shaving down below is vastly different than shaving your face. 1) I can shave my face with my eyes closed. Closing my eyes is the last thing I would consider when I put a razor down there. 2) Then there's the difference in skin texture. 3) Combine that with not being able to see what I'm doing, most of the time, spare tire notwithstanding, it makes things difficult. I  can't believe that it took about 15 years of struggling with visibility, dexterity and rasor burn issues to finally try a cream in a pretty pink bottle. I finally rationalized that no one in the store knew that I was single, so what the heck. 

Now for the real reason for my story. I've only vaguely heard of Veet for men. I just walked up to the women's section of the personal care isle, found a name that I recognized, and further saw one with the words "with Soothing Aloe & Lanolin" in big green letters, decided that that was the one for me, despite the fact that it came in a pink bottle. That is how I made the switch from a blade to "Nair hair remover lotion". As I become more 'experienced', not 'older', I've found that reading the directions, is not a bad thing to do. Even if they do print them too small to read without a magnifying glass. These said to leave it on 3-5 minutes, but not more than 10. I usually go about 7 minutes and it does a fair job. Not baby's butt smooth, but better than the blade. Even though I use a lotion afterwards, I still itch, but it's just something I deal with. 

With all the negativity about Veet, I just wanted to mention Nair. It's now time to restock. I'll go and look at all the options, once again, but probably come home with the same pretty pink bottle with green writing on it. 
    • 3 posts
    April 4, 2015 9:09 AM BST

I'm retired military, having said that I have been shaving for a long time, since  zero facial hair is the rule. I found it most convenient to shave in the shower, so when I decided o go smooth some 15 years ago I naturally chose the shower for that too. 

I immediately learned that shaving down below is vastly different than shaving your face. 1) I can shave my face with my eyes closed. Closing my eyes is the last thing I would consider when I put a razor down there. 2) Then there's the difference in skin texture. 3) Combine that with not being able to see what I'm doing, most of the time, spare tire notwithstanding, it makes things difficult. I  can't believe that it took about 15 years of struggling with visibility, dexterity and rasor burn issues to finally try a cream in a pretty pink bottle. I finally rationalized that no one in the store knew that I was single, so what the heck. 

Now for the real reason for my story. I've only vaguely heard of Veet for men. I just walked up to the women's section of the personal care isle, found a name that I recognized, and further saw one with the words "with Soothing Aloe & Lanolin" in big green letters, decided that that was the one for me, despite the fact that it came in a pink bottle. That is how I made the switch from a blade to "Nair hair remover lotion". As I become more 'experienced', not 'older', I've found that reading the directions, is not a bad thing to do. Even if they do print them too small to read without a magnifying glass. These said to leave it on 3-5 minutes, but not more than 10. I usually go about 7 minutes and it does a fair job. Not baby's butt smooth, but better than the blade. Even though I use a lotion afterwards, I still itch, but it's just something I deal with. 

With all the negativity about Veet, I just wanted to mention Nair. It's now time to restock. I'll go and look at all the options, once again, but probably come home with the same pretty pink bottle with green writing on it. 
  • September 22, 2017 4:17 PM BST

Why not shave it so much better that way the give it a try see whats it like you may like it .

• 1 posts
    October 4, 2017 12:09 AM BST

Shaving for 15 years or so now. It doesn't groom well so why have it. Natural is the way to go.